At Holy Trinity we've been blessed to encourage and welcome the participation of many members and other individuals in one of our several small groups. While each community is diverse and unique, small groups are a primary means of :
- Listening compassionately to one another
- Safely sharing our hopes, convictions and struggles
- Offering and receiving spiritual support
- And growing intentionally in our faith and practice
Small Group Ministry at Holy Trinity is called to love, live, and share Christ! An amazing way to connect and grow in our mission at Holy Trinity is to build relationships with one another! The Small Group Leadership Team continues to meet to role model healthy small group ministry as well as dig deeper into "Big Picture" ministry joys, needs, and challenges.,
We strongly encourage every adult participant at Holy Trinity to experience at least one small group ministry within their first year among us. They are a primary means not only of fellowship, but of creating deep and lasting relationships that help us get closer to Christ.
Are all groups the same?- All groups share a common focus on growing in faith, fellowship and service but that can be done in a variety of ways. Some groups meet for a specific number of weeks or months while others are ongoing. Some groups are focused around a shared experience or life stage while others encourage the perspective a rich variety of participants.
How can I be a part? Watch the newsletter and the website and listen for announcements in worship to learn about upcoming groups. We hope you'll risk taking this step toward intentional growth in faith. Also, share your thoughts about groups you'd like to be a part of and pray about leading a group. Small groups have been an important part of our growth as a community. You might be surprised by the ways in which God can equip you for this calling.
Life Groups that always have an open chair waiting just for you:
- Monday Evenings with Pastor Katie (Time and dates vary - please connect with Pastor Katie to get all the information)
- Wednesday Morning with Pastor Katie - This group meets at 9:30 and continues the discussion begun in the previous Sunday sermon. Come as you are able!
- Wednesday Afternoon Teen Group - This group meets on the odd-numbered Wednesdays. It's open for young men and women to explore faith issues at this pivotal time of life.
- Face-to-Face Life Group (Brand NEW!) Meets once a month face-to-face and then keep the conversation going with an on-line connection. Contact Pastor Katie to join in the conversation.
- ♡2♡ meets in the sanctuary on Mondays at 9:30 a.m.
IN GOD'S ARMS, our quilting group, is meeting regularly, gathering on the 2nd Saturday. morning each month from 9:00 a.m. to noon. We make quilts to be sent to the pediatric oncology unit at UIHC. The quilts are given to children diagnosed with cancer or any other serious illness. All skill levels are welcome—even “wanna-be” quilters! Please consider this your personal invitation to be part of our important outreach. If you have any questions, contact Lois Ludvigson at 319-665-2620 or email@example.com.
All men of the congregation are invited & encouraged to come join others for fellowship, prayer, study, & and intentional spiritual growth from 7:00-8:00 pm the first Monday evening at the church.
WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY
A multi-congregational women's Bible study meets to discuss a variety of Scripture. There is a fall session and a spring session. The group uses Stonecroft Ministries materials. To indicate an interest in the Bible Study, contact Kathy Stickney (319-626-2855) or the church office.